Alexander Chen - Central Park Fall
Today is the first official day of fall. We’re excited for the change of season and for all the things that it brings with it—beautiful fall weather, football, Pumpkin Spice Lattes and so much more. At KNO, we’re working on launching products for the fall and winter, and we’re also working on other exciting projects which you will find out about soon.
We want to take a moment to recap the summer for you. It’s hard to compile all of the amazing things that have happened, but here are some highlights:
- We worked with an exciting group of interns this summer. They helped us launch new products and were instrumental in getting us covered by the Huffington Post and Ecouterre. We already miss them, but we’re excited to see where their journeys take them in the future.
- We were honored to participate in the 2011 National Conference on Ending Homelessness in DC. We hosted a happy hour for our supporters and we also spoke at a pre-conference session. The highlight of our time there was certainly reuniting with friends, meeting supporters of the KNO movement, and celebrating with the 100,000 Homes Campaign for housing 10,000 people.
- We were blown away by the support we received from big-name companies. Thanks Fannie Mae, Intel, UPS and others for showing your support!
- We hosted KNO Delivery events in both Las Vegas and New York City this summer, and were able to distribute over 200 pairs of socks to people who are currently experiencing homelessness. In the coming month, we’ll be traveling to Harrisburg and Philadelphia, PA.
- We’re glad to share that we’re impacting the lives of people in over 100 communities across the country through the work of our partners. It’s amazing to think how we’ve gone from 1 to 100 in less than a year!
As the co-founders of KNO, we feel honored to be a part of this movement. We are constantly aware that we could not do what we do without your purchases, support and enthusiasm. Thank you for making this summer an amazing one. We are so looking forward to continuing to partner with each of you in our pursuit to ending homelessness across the U.S.
Anthony and Steve